Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lacinato Kale Salad

This is my version of a lacinato kale salad I saw made on a documentary called, The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue.  The documentary was not great, but the food was.  I'm not a big fan of raw kale, so I had my doubts about this salad, but it was really good.  Great even.  

I washed, dried and ripped up a bunch of lacinato kale and put it in a large bowl.
 Then, I added an avocado and the juice of a whole lemon.
 This next part was fun.  I used my hands and squished all of the ingredients together until the avocado and lemon coated all of the kale.  (Bruising up the kale a little bit makes it easier to eat.)  This is the base of the salad.  To this I added garbanzo beans, dried cranberries, almonds, red bell pepper, and some flat leaf parsley.  I also added a pinch of salt.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment