I made this bowl a couple of years ago while Daniel and I were visiting his parents in Michigan. It is made from magazine pages that I picked specifically for their bright colors. I've seen this project on various blogs here and there, but I think Cindy brought it to my attention way back when. We had quite a few lovely crafting days at her house.
1. Cut magazine pages into strips. I think mine were about 2.5 inches thick.
2. Fold each strip in half the long way to crease a line in the center, then unfold.
3. Fold up each edge to meet the center crease.
4. Now refold down the center crease.
5. To make the bowl you will start in the center of the base by coiling the paper as tightly as possible. Add dabs of glue along the way to secure. Add the next strip by butting it up right where you left off with the previous strip. When your base is as big as you want it to be, start spiraling up with your strips gradually.
When my bowl was finished and the glue was dry, I sprayed it with shellac to make it shiny.
Great for storing hair thingies in the bathroom.