Friday, January 20, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes

This is still by far my favorite pancake recipe of all time.  I've still not yet had a better pancake in a restaurant.  I wrote this recipe down in my journal a couple of years ago.  I got it from my mom, but I don't know where she got it.  

If I don't have buttermilk I just add a tablespoon of vinegar to regular or soy milk and let it sit for a couple of minutes.  Today, I didn't have an egg, and the pancakes turned out just as delicious and fluffy as ever.  I like to use whole wheat flour and soy milk.  I also like to sprinkle on blueberries, or banana slices, or even some nuts sometimes.
Do you have a favorite pancake recipe??  I'd like to try it.

2 comments:

  1. I have a great PUMPKIN Pancakes recipe.

    2 Cups Flour

    2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed-break it up before mixing it in flour

    1 Tbsp baking powder

    1 1/4tsp pumpkin pie spice

    1 tsp salt

    1/2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)-I don't use

    1/2 cup pumpkin-fresh or canned

    1 large egg

    2 Tbsp vegetable oil

    1 cup milk

    Mix wet ingredients first then mix in dry ingredients. At this point the batter will be very thick, I use more milk to thin it to desired thickness. Then cook like normal pancake.

    Let me know what you think. Zoe and Ian love them.

    Erin Dexter
    (Bonnie Behnke's Daughter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin!! Great to hear from you!! I'm going to try this recipe. It looks SO good! I love pumpkin food. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll probably make it for a post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete